Saturday, June 14, 2014

June 14

June 14th:  #bookaday  Issac's Storm by Erik Larson

This is my first non-fiction book for the summer.  After reading Reading in the Wild I realized that I wished that my students would read more non-fiction books.  How do I get them to do that?  Well it can't hurt me reading a few non-fiction books from time to time.

While in Houston, last March I bought this book based on a suggestion from my father-in-law.  Since I am back in Houston I thought it would be a perfect time to read a book about the 1900 Galveston Hurricane.  The science of weather has always been interesting to me since I spent nine years teaching Earth Science.  This book had so many tragic human stories and so many intriguing science stories.

Very glad to add this to my list for #bookaday.

No comments:

Post a Comment